Monday 14 April 2014

Dream Reality! (I) - We Get What We Expect, Not What We Want!

DREAM REALITY! (I) - We Get What We Expect, Not What We Want!


“There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask, why? I dream of things that never were, and ask, why not?” - Robert Kennedy
In my introduction to my concept of “Dream Reality!” I told you that I was about to share with you an alternate take on life which I have developed through my recent studies. It has already helped me in the financial area of my life and I believe that if you suspend your disbelief for long enough to make use of my conclusions, “Dream Reality!” may help you in any area of your life.
I am suggesting that in the same way we have control over the events and people that appear in our dreams, we are also able to take control (all be it in a slightly different way) of our waking moments too. There is nothing to lose by running these ideas through your thinking, even if you don’t believe them and you end up rejecting them later, because it will help to give you a new perspective on life.
Many authors and speakers have taught us the value of having what they call a “Positive Mental Attitude.” In my book, positive feelings are much more valuable! The mere repetition of some positive phrase like “I am healthy” won’t bring you to health! What will bring you to a place of health in my view is: when you begin to feel the way you expect to feel once you are healthy. 
It is almost like we have twins doing our thinking for us, one always positive, and the other always negative. In this way of seeing things, we need to make sure that the bad twin doesn't high-jack our thinking. When we listen to our emotions, we will soon know which twin we are listening to.
An example of this could be that taking risks is fine, as long as we don’t allow fear of possible negative outcomes, to take over our thoughts. Mountaineers don’t climb mountains constantly fearful of losing their grip and falling off and it is in this way that they get to the top of mountains and then safely return!
We get what we expect in our dreams and in my “Dream Reality!” concept I am suggesting; that it is the same in with our waking reality too! Sadly we don’t get what we want in this life, so it is important to make the distinction between our expectations and our wants and needs. So the question must be how do we get our dreams to work out well for us?
If we can know how our dreams work out well, maybe we can apply it to our waking life? Well as I have already told you, my conclusion is, that our expectation creates our outcome, and our feelings are at the centre of our expectations. Are you ready yet, to follow the command to dream your reality? I will be back with more insights of this concept of “Dream Reality!” tomorrow!

Love and light to you from Barnabas :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment